Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Reality Check











Because of my job, I get to be more informed and read lots of news stories and articles. I love knowing what is going on around me because I tend to be sheltered from the "real" world because of the Provo bubble. And sometimes I find something to "complain" about that should not even be a complaint. I am not dealing with:

-Trying to find my family members
-Attempting to figure out where to live because my house was swept away by a natural disaster
-Trying to find safety in my home town
-Protesting against my countries government
-Fighting a chronic disease
-Dealing with protecting my self and family from neighbors
-Struggling to overcome hard addictions

Not to say I don't have problems or trials, but when I look at the news pages, I realize that I live in America, let alone Utah, I go to a fantastic university, have a loving and supportive family, I have a safe place to live, great friends, I have the gospel in my life, the choice of what I get to study, the temple is two minutes away and . And I gripe about taking midterms or not getting enough sleep. I am so grateful for all that I have and sometimes I just need a reminder that I chose this lifestyle. I am not forced to do these things, its a choice. So my new goal: NO COMPLAINTS.

2 comments:

  1. Reality checks are so great. It makes you appreciate all you have. And you have some super cute kids on the tops of your shoulders, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good goal! i just decided thats my goal too :)

    ReplyDelete