
It is the first week of Lent so I walked the 14 points of the Via Dolorasa with a bunch of Franciscan priests. We walked from each point and they prayed and sung at each point. There was a huge recessionaly following them, it blocks the Old City streets. It was reallyc cool, the prayers were given in english, arabic and italian. It was really neat, I didnt realize how many Catholics there were in Jerusalem. But its starting to begin the tourist season, which really stinks.

This is kinda of a picture that I kind of took on accident. But this is on of my friends, in the backround is a bunch of ethnic groups. Way neat!
Waiting at the first position, there were a ton of nuns and monks.
These were the Monks praying at Position 2.
I like this picture because it shows the sacredness of the walk from the positions of the Via Del Rosa. The Via Del Rosa the street Christ walked when he walked with his cross.
No comments:
Post a Comment